Monday 14 November 2011










It hasn't been light here today so it seemed the perfect time to make a start on our Christmas pudding. All that weighing, chopping and mixing was a pleasure to the senses as well as the perfect antidote to the dismal weather.
Those plump, juicy currants, raisins and sultanas, bright and sticky candied fruits, locally grown walnuts, free range eggs and dark brown sugar all add to the layers of flavour and texture that make up a traditional 'plum' pudding. The very essence of Christmas is contained in that bowl of goodness. It needs to stand overnight to allow all those flavours to develop before steaming tomorrow for several hours.
I rewarded myself with a glass of sherry afterwards, as I believe it's never too early to get into the festive spirit:))

2 comments:

SharonLarkin said...

Looks delicious!

I really must get the "Larkin Family Christmas Puddings" made ~ it started out as a Mrs Beeton recipe and over the years I've tweaked away at it until now I think I can safely call it my own!

Sandi said...

You can't beat home-made:))

Followers

About Me

A Down to Earth Dreamer