Monday 31 October 2011

All Hallows Eve'

















































I've just returned from a lovely visit with my family in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. It was so good to spend time with my parents, sister, brother-in-law, nieces, nephew and furbies.
Just a short walk from my parents home is the main city cemetery and crematorium and all of these images were taken during a long walk through there.
It is a beautiful place, with a sense of space and light and not at all morbid or depressing. I have many (too many now) of my own family laid to rest there and I visited each grave in turn and stood in silent contemplation, lost in memory of times past. There are areas of seclusion, natural unspoiled places and paths edged with benches.
There are sweet, secret gardens dedicated to babies and children where everything has a dreamlike, whimsical feel, a special garden of remembrance complete with a wooden bridge and fountain and lots of colourful shrubs and flowers.
It seems entirely appropriate then to dedicate this post on All Hallows Eve' to those no longer with us, to remember them with love and gratitude until the time comes when we are reunited.
Blessed Be x

No comments:

Followers

About Me

A Down to Earth Dreamer