Saturday 13 August 2011

Local produce


Fresh locally grown produce from the market today. We have always tried to support local businesses as much as possible. I treasure the memory of  a day when my children were very young. My family came over to spend the day with us and we went to a nearby farm to pick strawberries. The weather was beautiful, the sun shining. All the adults discreetly ate the odd berry whilst picking our way along the rows but the children ended up with strawberry juice all around their mouths, down the front of their clothes and all over their little hands. No chance of pretending they were innocent. I know my mum has some photo's of that day. Sadly there is no longer a PYO nearby but whenever we have fresh strawberries my mind flies straight back to that golden day:))

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember pick your own from my childhood, sadly living in central London our version is picking strawberries from a pot on the balcony - not quiet the same.

Bonnie said...

Great memories, Sandi.

xo, Bonnie

Sandi said...

Freshly picked strawberries still warm from the sunshine taste wonderful even if they are from a pot on the balcony:))
Thanks Bonnie:)

Followers

About Me

A Down to Earth Dreamer